December 26, 2006

Happy holidays and greetings from Brazil!

Here's an update on my crazy life.

SF to Florianopolis, Brazil:
I left California on November 19th because I missed Oselinda, needed to work
on her visa to the U.S. and hoped for another surge of spiritual healing.

My sweet cousin Eulalia accompanied me from SFO to Miami. Poor thing, she
got sick and threw-up during the entire flight. At 1 point, she was changing
my socks and suddenly started to vomit. She grabbed a barf bag, threw-up,
and kept right on changing my socks. We provided entertainment for the other
passengers and I assured her that a flight attendant could ever do that.

She is a core part of my team and I love her dearly. We had some good laughs
and parted ways on the gang way in Miami for my flight to Sao Paulo. My solo
trip to Sao Paulo was smooth and I was assisted by a flight attendant from
Chile who has 2 friends with ALS. I did not need to explain anything and she
was always right there when needed.

I arrived at the airport in Sao Paulo exhausted, sleep deprived and excited
to see Oselinda. After searching for each other for 40 minutes, I connected
with Oselinda while being pushed down a random airport hallway. We were both
speechless and in tears. I felt safe and joy as she hugged me. We traveled
to Florianopolis, a nearby beach town, with wide grins. This was her 1st
time to see the ocean. I asked if she was excited to see the ocean and she
replied that it didn't matter where she was as long as she was with me (good
answer).

More tomorrow & HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

DAVID

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home