December 28, 2006

Abadiania. Brazil

Abadiania. Brazil
Back in Abadiania, life is calm, comfortable and positive. Carlos, my
long time helper, and his infectious humor are back on board full time.
We are like brothers, always laughing, and he gets along well with
Oselinda. I have moved back into the same house I always have rented.
The beautiful garden is flourishing and yummy food is always cooking
in the kitchen. My domestic set up is optimal.

I started working with a local physical therapist at 3 times a week.
She does a good job in pushing me to move, exercise and stretch every
muscle in my body. This is helping. I also started working with a
local natural medical doctor who prescribes natural medicine from in
and around the Amazon. This local healer, Roberto, lives on a farm and
has been doing this for more than 60 years. He studied under his
father, who recently died at 103 years old. There are many stories of
local people with grave illnesses returning to health under his care
after Western doctors gave up hope. This includes Oselinda's mother.

Roberto has prescribed for me a battery of medicines, which Oselinda
prepares daily. She cooks it into a hot brew and rubs on to my body
and other medicines to drink as strong teas throughout the day. There
also are natural oils. Aside from stabilization, nothing noticeable
yet. As with all treatments, we will wait and see. It feels good
that the medicines are natural and that Roberto integrates a deeply
spiritual component -- he always says it's up to God.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS,
DAVID
_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home